Environmental management system EMS ISO 14001, Energy Management System EnMSS ISO 50001 from LRQA
Introduction to Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
An Environment Management System (EMS) is a framework for managing the impacts of an organization’s activities on the environment. It provides a structured approach to planning and implementing environment protection measures.
EMS assists organisations to minimise the harmful effects of their activities on the environment, meet legal environmental requirements, and to achieve continual improvement of their environmental performance
LRQA Australia offers training and certification in the following standards:
• ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
• ISO 50001 Energy Management System
Benefits of an environmental management system (EMS)
• minimising the potential for environmental incidents and mitigating any impacts;
• helping you operate in a cost efficient and environmentally responsible manner;
• help to identify existing and future relevant legislation;
• improve communication and commitment within the organisation;
• provide hard facts and figures as an aid for senior management decision-making; and
• improving staff commitment and motivation with proven competency levels.
Learn more about environmental management systems (EMS) standard ISO 14001, and Energy Management standard ISO 50001.
LRQA’s services can range from performing a gap analysis through to project validation (due diligence prior to implementation) and verification / assurance (preparation of an audit report). Public and On-Site training or facilitated workshops are also available to assist in implementation.