Energy Sustainability - A Systemic Approach
Nicola Tesla once said “If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” Energy and the way mankind has learnt to exploit energy have pushed the wheels of progress for human civilisation to levels never before thought of. This has put undue pressure on our natural resources worldwide, depleting them rapidly. Download our whitepaper to learn about a systemic approach towards energy sustainability:
What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is the new international energy management system (EnMS) standard. It is the first global EnMS following from a range of national and regional standards such as EN 16001. The ISO 50001 EnMS is based on the management system model that is already understood and implemented by organisations worldwide. Deming’s “Plan-Do-Check-Act” underpins the standard, as is the case with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other established management system standards.
ISO estimates that the standard could influence up to 60% of the world’s energy use.
Who Can Use ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 has been designed for implementation by any organisation irrespective of size, sector or geographical location.
Why is ISO 50001 important to your organisation?
Organisational drivers for ISO 50001 certification include:
- Assist organisations in making better use of energy-consuming assets
- Facilitate transparency/communication on management of energy resources
- Promote energy management best practices
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies
- Provide framework for energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Facilitate energy management improvements for GHG emissions reduction projects
- Integration with existing organisational management systems
ISO 50001 benefits with LRQA Business Assurance
LRQA Business Assurance delivers tangible business benefits through a combination of a structured project management approach and clear communication underpinned with the technical expertise of our global team.
- Costs cut through increased efficiency thereby delivering competitive advantage
- Energy security risks reduced through improved energy performance
- Increased stakeholder confidence and employee engagement due to organisational commitment to integrated climate change emissions reduction strategy
- Productivity compliance improved
- Policies formalised
- Ease of integration with existing ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 system standards through LRQA’s PRISM system
- Seamless migration from EN 16001 to ISO 50001
We know that good communication is pivotal in delivering transparency through every step of the ISO 50001 certification process. We work with our clients and governing organisations and set clear expectations on deliverables. Our staged approach ensures your certification is cost-effective with minimal disruption to your organisation.