You need this course if:
- you want to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000, ISO 22002-1, and the FSSC Scheme additional requirements
- you work in the food sector, and wish to learn how to audit food safety management systems, either as an internal auditor, supplier auditor, or third party auditor
- you want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted auditor qualification
- you want to satisfy the formal training requirements for CQI IRCA auditor certification
You will learn:
- the underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- the importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- how continual improvement is applied within a FSMS
- the contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- the roles and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor and lead auditor
- about processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS
- to prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- to gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- how to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- to report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- the certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with CQI IRCA
You will need:
- knowledge of ISO 22000 (ideally gained from attending LR’s 1 day ISO 22000 Appreciation and Interpretation course)
- experience of working in the food supply chain
- knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- to understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
Your future development
- OH&S, EMS or QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA and meets the requirements of the CQI and IRCA ISO 22000:2018 Lead Auditor (FSMS) course criteria PR359
LR is a licensed FSSC 22000 Training Organization. This training course has been approved by FSSC 22000.